I needed a quick style for Lil’ Naturelle last night so I attempted rope flat twist for the first time. Rope twist are a little different from regular two strand twist because you actually twist the hair with you fingers (like a finger coil) before you start the flat twists…hmm, I may have to do a quick video / picture tutorial. In the meantime, let me know what you think of this hair style. Took me about 15 minutes to complete – I am truly a rope twist amateur.
For this style:
- I parted Lil’ Naturelle’s hair in a zig-zag formation
- I did two flat rope twist; each half way down her head – using her ears as a marker
- I used a pony holder to secure the hair
- I loosely braided the remaining hair
- I pinned the two braids together to form a bun
- I used a colored head band and flower as a hair accessory!