I am sooooo excited about May 19th. Must you ask why? Because it’s National Natural Hair Meetup Day! The purpose of this event is to provide an opportunity for naturals all across the nation to meet in their respective areas on the same day, as a sign of unity, community, and solidarity.
The National Natural Hair Meetup Day is an annual one-day event. Its purpose is to allow the opportunity for women across the country to meet in their own communities while networking, sharing and meeting (virtually) other women across the country participating in meetups on the same day. Natural hair meetups are events designed to share information, techniques, inspiration and products to aid individuals in their natural hair journey.
Attendees of the natural hair meetup will be able to:
- Meet other naturals in their area
- Gain exposure to natural hair product lines and companies
- Learn the process of planning and executing a natural hair meetup (event hosts)
- Meet natural hair and beauty bloggers and Youtube vloggers
- Network with other natural hair meetup organizers (event hosts)
- Discover resources, techniques, products and people that can serve as inspiration and information for the natural hair care journey
So far, the following cities are planning events:
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Oakland, California
- Houston, Texas
- Farmington Hills, Michigan
- Baldwin, New York (that’s me!)
- Greenville, South Carolina
- Nashville, Tennessee (my girl over at CurlRehab is sponsoring this one!)
In the meantime, I chose not to leave out my Long Island New York Naturals so I will be hosting an event in Long Island just for you! Even though I don’t want to spoil the fun – please know that lots of super fun things are in the works for this meet up! Don’t miss it!!!
Stay tuned naturelles!